Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Links Remain The Same

6 Degrees of Separation...Played by a hip-hop aficionado
Rules: Songs must have a tangible link, either musical, lyrical
Using individual members of a group is to easy, it's cheating


Producer for Common on his classic Resurrection Album



"Survey said I get more skins than Richard Dawson" - Common
"Survey said...You're dead" - RZA from...



"On The EZ" - Common
"On The Down Low" - Pharcyde...



"I've got my nine. With my millimeter go bang" - Pharcyde
"9mm Go Bang" - KRS One



"Had to buck 'em down with my 9mm" - KRS One
"Buck'em Down" - Blackmoon



Album Version



Intro of buck'em down video reference group member Buckshot
....Ok this one is cheating but I couldn't resist



Keeping with the Buck theme...



Jamaican slang infused in lyrics
"Rude Boy dead cause he thought he was a gangsta" - Tek
"Rude Boy we a...remember we" - Da Bush Babees



"Playin' beats on the chair" - Da Bush Babees
"Shawn use to be in the kitchen.  Beating on the table and rapping" - Mrs. Carter



"Broke Like Mr. Wendall" - Da Bush Babees...



No comments:

Post a Comment